Hours of Operations
Mon - Fri 8:00AM - 8:00PM
Sat 8:00AM - 4:00PM
10AC Series Lennox Air Conditioning Unit
Name of Series: Diplomat
Service Manual: Click Here
Parts List: Click Here
The Lennox 10AC Diplomat was a high-efficiency residential split system condensing unit in its time. It was available in 1, 1-1/2, 2, 2-1/2, 3, 3-1/2, 4, and 5 ton capacities.
Considered a high SEER unit in its day, the 10AC Series could achieve approximately 10 SEER. The minimum SEER allowed for installation today due to energy consumption is 13 SEER. Models are available up to 21 SEER today.
The main components (repair parts) for all 10AC Series units include:
Differences in components of different capacity 10AC Diplomat units:
- Main Contactor: Energizes the compressor and fan on a call for cooling
- Dual Capacitor: Creates a phase shift to start and run both the compressor and contactor
- Fan Motor and Blade: Circulates air through the condensing coils removing and expelling heat collected
- Reciprocating compressor: Circulates the refrigerant through the system changing the refrigerants state to facilitate heat transfer.
- The 10AC42, 10AC48, and 10AC60 were also equipped with a start capacitor and potential relay to assist in compressor start up.
- The 10AC60 was equipped with a time delay board to prevent short cycling.
- The 10AC12 Series came equipped with a rotary (Scroll) compressor.
If you are not currently signed in to HVACPartsShop.com, PayPal will redirect you back to the site to login before your order is processed.